Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicken Gyros

I love me some Greek food.
Even the smell of this chicken marinating makes me crazy.

This original recipe had a recipe for pitas and taziki.
They were pretty food, but not worth the work in my opinion.
The pitas and taziki that I get at Winco are great, and it saves me a lot of time.

Greek Chicken Marinate

4 cloves garlic, smashed
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Whisk all all ingredients together until smooth.
Add chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Grill up the chicken. Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice.
Wrap chicken in pita. Top with lettuce, diced tomato, cucumber, thinly sliced red onion and tzatziki sauce.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

I love new ideas for dinner. We are so stuck in the same boring five or six meals that we eat all the time. Thanks for sharing!