Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cookie Monster

Me want cookies! I really love these cookies. This is one of the things that I miss most about Rexburg. One of our favorite places to eat was Craigo's. Craigo's specialty is pizza, which they do amazingly well, but there desserts are out of this world. I am sure that most dates that share a Cookie Monster end in eternal bliss. Well maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is almost that good.

The Cookie Monster is simple, yet profound. It is a giant cookie topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel and hot fudge. We had a craving for some Cookie Monsters, so we invited some friends over that also went to BYU-Idaho.

I was able to find the perfect dish for our Monsters at Michael's. They are ceramic pie dishes that are about 9 inches across. One dish was the perfect portion for 2 people. I whipped up some of my Mom's wonderful chocolate chip cookie dough, recipe to come another time, and patted it down in the bottom of the pan.



The "giant cookie" baked for about 15 minutes, until it was just browned on the edges and cooked in the middle.



After the cookie came out of the oven I let it set for about 10 minutes. It is really important to let the cookie cool enough so your ice cream doesn't melt, but at the same time you want the cookie to be warm when you eat it. I was a little excited and added the ice cream too soon and it melted a little too much.


Top your cookie and ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate and caramel. Sorry there is no chocolate or caramel in the picture. I was too excited to start eating that I didn't bother taking a picture, so you will just have to imagine it there.

No comments: