Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Cup of Christmas Tea

This is my all time favorite Christmas story, and one of my favorite stories ever! My Mom first read this in a magazine years ago. She ripped it out and we kept it. We were so excited when we found a book of this story on QVC. Sometimes QVC has amazing finds!

This is a great Christmas tradition in our family. My Mom and I always sit in front of the Christmas tree and read this story on Christmas Eve. We have read it so many times that I have it memorized. When ever I think of it, it evokes warm feelings of the true spirit of Christmas.

The story shares the experience of a man who receives a letter from his Great Aunt asking him to come visit and share some a cup of Christmas tea with her. He is reluctant to take time out of his schedule to spend time reminiscing with an old relative. When he finally gives in to visit her, he rediscovers the true meaning of Christmas that he has been missing in his life.


This a an amazing Christmas story. If you are looking for a great tradition to start with your family, this is it!

No comments: