Monday, January 5, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza


I have found a love for pizza.

I have never been a big pizza eater, even when I was younger. There was always something that was left to be desired in pizza, as far as I was concerned. When I got pregnant, all of that changed for me. For some reason in my first trimester I craved pizza, constantly. It was a huge shock for me that I was longing for pizza, and that often it was the only thing that sounded good to me.

Now that I have moved on through this pregnancy, I no longer have a need for pizza. But there are a few types of pizza that I love anytime. One of our family favorites is BBQ Chicken Pizza. It is easy, tasty and I always have the ingredients on hand. Instead of pizza sauce you use BBQ sauce and for some reason I have always had a love affair with BBQ sauce.

I do make my own pizza crust on occasion, but I haven't lately. With only 2 of us it is a lot of work and we always have a ton of left overs. So we started using pitas as crust, and, more recently, focaccia bread. My husband loves the focaccia bread because of all the spices and herbs that are in it. And we love that they are small enough for personal sized pizzas.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch on New Years Eve and my husband ordered a salad with a small BBQ Chicken pizza. The pizza there was amazing, but I was glad to know that we were making restaurant quality pizza just like it at home.




For some reason this pizza did not like getting photographed, but you get the idea.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce.
Top with Chicken, onions and mozzarella cheese.

No comments: