Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pear Bread

I love Fall! I love all of the wonderful things that come along with Fall, changing colors, cooler days, harvest, decorating for the holidays, I love it all.

One thing that I only get to bake in the Fall is Pear Bread. We have been making this for as long as I can remember. This recipe came from my Mom, but before that I have no idea. I have never heard of anyone else having Pear Bread, but trust me it is DELISH!

So run grab those wonderful Fall pears and make some yummy yummy bread!



Pear Bread
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt
2 cups fresh pears, diced
2 Tablespoons vanilla

  • Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs.
  • Mix dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture alternating with buttermilk
  • Fold in pears and vanilla
  • Pour into 2 greased and flour bread pans
Bake at 350 for 1 hour

No comments: