To celebrate cookie month I am going to share on of my all time favorite cookie recipes. I love Skor Bars, they are just such a yummy candy. Well they use to sell the toffee from the Skor Bar as baking chips, I am not sure what happened, but they stopped. They sell Heath chips, but they just aren't the same.
Well a few months ago I was walking through Cash and Carry and what did I spy? Skor Bar Chips, like manna from Heaven. I have not seen the real Skor Bar Chips in years. So I ended up getting this.....
Yes, that is a 3 POUND bag of Skor Bar Chips. I may never see them again, I had to act.
My first recipe using these wonderful little bites of deliciousness was my good old Skor Cookie recipe. This was one of the very first recipes that I perfected back in my beginning years of baking.
My husband thought that these were going to be a bit strange, but he was quickly converted. Once baked in the cookies the Skor pieces become soft and chewy. Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, perfect!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package Skor English toffee bits (you can use any toffee chips, but if you find Skor Chips,use those)
2. Mix in pre-mixed dry ingredients
3. Stir in toffee chips
4. Drop rounded teaspoons full on lightly greased cookie sheet
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes, until lightly browned
6. Cool slightly on cookie sheet, remove from sheet and place on wire rack.
7. Try not to eat them all yourself!