Monday, October 5, 2009

Sassy Apron

I have a new sewing machine! Actually I have had it since the end of July, and I haven't used it yet, until yesterday. To my defense, my new sewing machine came at a really bad time, right after my kidney stone surgery. I have had every intention of pulling it out, but life got the better of me.

Well yesterday morning my husband sent me an email from work. We had a very busy weekend with family in town, so he told me to take the day off. Just forget about the house today, he said, and do some fun things for yourself. So I did!

In between holding my sick baby and his short naps, I got out my new sewing machine and created something beautiful. I love my new sewing machine, I don't know how I ever sewed without it before.

I had these wonderful Halloween fabrics. So I grabbed them and headed over to Make it and Love it. This wonderful blog is full of amazing tutorials.


I decided to do the super cute apron. It took a little bit of time, because Eli kept trying to help me, but once he was napping it was super fast.



I love it! And I love that I have my new sewing machine out and I am creating beautiful things once again. You can bet that there will be lots more sewing projects coming soon.

No comments: