Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day Salmon

We are in the midst of another move around here.
Sadly we have moved so much that I should be able to pack in my sleep.
So I will quickly share with you part of our wonderful Father's Day menu and then get back to all of those empty boxes that need to be filled.

For some reason I decided that Father's Day meant we needed to eat salmon.
I found this wonderful recipe for salmon on one of my favorite sites ever, Your Homebased Mom.
When I grow up I want to be LeighAnne.
If you haven't checked out her site, you need to, you will be glad you did.
On to the salmon...
It was a wonderful marinate and the finished product was perfect.

Marinaded Salmon and Sauce

2 lb salmon with skin on

6 Tablespoons brown Sugar

1 Tablespoon salt

1 tsp black pepper

2 Tablespoon apple juice

¼ bunch fresh chopped dill –I didn't have any

1 tsp crushed juniper berries (optional) – left these out

Place salmon skin side down in baking dish. Mix ingredients in bowl and spread evenly over fish. Marinate minimum of 4 hrs. (I got a late start and only marinaded it for 30 minutes and it was divine but my salmon was very fresh. Maybe if it is not as fresh you might want to marinade it longer. Logan marinaded his the full 4 hours and the salmon did not have any skin on it and it still worked great)

Pour off excess juices and reserve for sauce

Pre-heat oven to 400 and bake 15-20 min maximum


Sauce:(Used as a side condiment)

2 T brown sugar

¼ c Dijon mustard

1 T juice from marinade

½ lemon (juice only)

¼ bunch fresh chopped dill-I didn't have any

¼ c Vegetable oil

Tabasco sauce to taste

5 T Whipped whipping cream

Mix brown sugar and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Slowly mix in veg. oil. Add remaining ingredients saving whipped cream for last.


No comments: