Thursday, June 10, 2010

Independence Day Votives




Independence Day is just around the corner!
My friend Leslie loves to remind people that saying 4th of July is like referring
to Christmas as 25th of December.

Anyway, as I was packing for our current move, yes our 7th move in 4 years I found these lonely little votives. They are actually left over from our wedding reception. The ironic part is we had an outdoor reception in June. The reception was from 6-9, so it never got dark enough to see the candles, and I don't think they ever got lit.

So I took these sad and slightly pathetic looking votives and turned them into something wonderful.
Together with my Cricut and a little vinyl we took these votives from this....



To these....

They turned out sooo cute, and I couldn't be happier with them.
It seriously took me about 20 minutes.

I used A Child's Year cartridge, which is deffinetly my favorite cartridge.
Aren't those silhouettes so sweet!

Just be sure to clean off the glass with rubbing alcohol before you start.
You want to have a clean surface for the vinyl to stick to.

Can you see these all over the table of your Independence Day celebration?

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how cute I think these are!

SO SO SO CUTE!!

Mud Pie Studio said...

So stinkin' cute! I've had my Cricut for 3 days now and I just can't wait to do some projects! Fun!

Audree_buttercup said...

I really want a Cricut...this just makes me want one more

Megan Smith said...

i've had this bookmarked for awhile.. i love the cuteness of the little boy with the flag.. adorable! just shared it on my blog :).