Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gratitude Journal

What is it about the fall time that makes me feel so grateful for the abundance in my life? My extreme gratitude started a little early this year, somewhere around the beginning of September. I had spent the summer in the first trimester of my pregnancy, and was starting to feel really good. When one day I told my husband that honestly I had had a pretty easy pregnancy and that I felt very blessed to be pregnant, and in the end it would all be worth it. Much to my surprise when I finished, my husband repeated what I had said word for word to make sure that he had typed it right. What you wrote down what I said? He was using the laptop and decided to save what I had said, so I would remember that I said I enjoyed being pregnant. It was then that I realized that I had been complaining a little too much, and really I had nothing to complain about. I am so blessed!

It was then that I decided that I needed to be more grateful! Every single day there are things that I take for granted. I don't want to spend my life complaining and not realizing what I have. So to help my self remain more focused on the blessings in my life, I have decided to start a gratitude journal.

A gratitude journal is not just a regular journal, it is devoted strictly to things that you are grateful for. Spending time everyday focusing on what you have and how you are blessed helps to keep you centered and help you realize how much you really do have.



My beautiful gratitude journal has been embellished with ribbon and chipboard. On the inside there is a quote about gratitude. Reading it puts me in a better frame of mind to recognize how blessed I am. On the top of every page there is a reminder of why I am keeping a gratitude journal. I have stamped phrases like, Today I am grateful for..., I have been so blessed by....,and I have so many things in my life to be thankful for...

What a wonderful time to start a Gratitude Journal! I love the change that I see in myself when I am more grateful. Start a journal today, I promise that you will love it too. If you would like me to make you a very special Gratitude Journal, just let me know, I would love to!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great idea! I just may have to start my own. :)