Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Tin (Jack-O-Bucket)



I couldn't figure out a name that described this perfectly, so my husband named this Jack-o-bucket. I found these buckets with faces cut out of them at a thrift store. The paint job was pretty ugly, but the cut out part had potential. I played with a little Mod Podge and paper, and this is what I got. I am so glad that I gave this little tin a second chance at a better looking life.

This is the tin that I started off with, not much to look at is it?

I layed the paper over the tin, pressed down the edges to make an imprint. Then I cut along the imprinted edge. After I had the front section cut I held the paper over the front and traced the face from the inside. Then I cut out the face. To apply the paper just put a layer of Mod Podge on the tin, lay the paper on and smooth so there are no air bubbles. Then apply another layer of Mod Podge on top to seal. Easy as that!

I tossed a tea light in and I am happy that the tin is just as cute with the lights out as it is with them on.

1 comment:

Laura Dale said...

This is the cutest lantern, I want one!!! Can you sell one of these?